Monday, May 16, 2011

What I've been up to:

           SEWING!!  ...when not enjoying the wonderful, warm weather, power walking with my walking buddy Hannah and our strollers , feeding Baby P (who is getting to be such a chub and pulling up on everything), grilling out, packing for the big move, and of course reading, singing, cooking and cleaning.

 


 
Here are a couple of examples of what I've been making for Baby P. Little bubble leg overalls, diaper covers and trousers, gotta have that seersucker in the spring and summer!

These are a fun substitute for shorts and just look so precious and babyish. Find the tutorial here at MADE.

A summery clutch for me...there's a chance it was an attempted mother's day gift that didn't turn out just right. :) Everybody has those projects, good enough for me to use but not perfect enough for a gift. I love the fabric though!


 
...and a summery top for me...Simplicity 2360, adapted from a dress... My next project is a romper because I'm built with a long torso, I can't find one that fits me right. I ordered some fabric that I love (below)! I also ordered a piece of black and white polka dot jersey, I might make the romper out of that and a cute dress out of this. I want to be able to wear it a lot and I'm afraid rompers might come and go.



And this fun, little beside-the-bed pocket for my books and kindle and such. Tutorial here.


Allrighty! More on rompers soon!



2 comments:

  1. i'm jealous of your sewing abilities. really cute stuff, chels! and i agree that the romper may not be around for awhile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed! It all looks so good! And I have to disagree with you and Say, rompers are here to stay! ;)

    ReplyDelete