Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

I love Valentine's Day. There is something great about a holiday that encourages everyone to be as gaudy and schmoozy as possible. Go on, wear pink and red together! Put glitter on everything, including your face and the occasional dessert. Send cheesy cards that say things like "You can bet your last 'scent,' I'm your Valentine," with a picture of a skunk holding a heart.

This year, I thought it would be cute to use my baby as a prop for a Valentine photo shoot. You know, something adorable with a silly phrase that goes along. I've always liked these of Julia and Paul Child.




I do think, however, that a baby in a bubble bath would be a little cuter than a middle aged couple in a bubble bath. Here were my best tries at a baby Valentine photo.





My pre-nap try at a picture...bad idea.




It took me a while to realize he was afraid of the tissue paper, the sound was scary.




"Here's my heart, don't break it!"



Then there were the homemade Valentine's. (Don't worry friends, if you haven't recieved them already, they're in the mail.) I left not one ribbon spool unspooled or one glitter shaker unshaken...Gaudy Valentine land, here I come.












"Here are the 'Symbls' of my love." Hahaha...
Have a great Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. First let me say that those are the cutest valentine's day pictures I have ever seen, the first of baby P is my fav! Also, those cards are beautiful, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete