Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Felt Refresher

I really enjoy the magazine Real Simple. I usually find the "New Uses For Old Things" Section pretty interesting. This month featured sandpaper. I don't remember all the other uses, but one that stuck in my mind (because it seemed ridiculous) was to use sandpaper to remove pills from sweaters. It sounded like a recipe for a destroyed sweater...but when P's Halloween costume came out of the washer looking absolutely horrible and covered with fuzz, I figured sandpaper was worth a try.


Here I had already tried to pluck off the fuzz with my fingers, no luck.


Here I had made a few passes with the sandpaper on the left side, so you can compare it with the "no -sandpaper" on the right. I was really impressed with the difference! You can't be shy with the sandpaper, you really have to put a little muscle into it.





The fabric definately looks a little more fuzzy, but much better groomed than it looked straight out of the washer. I will definately keep this little tip stored away in my brain, I'm sure it will come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment