Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NOLA

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I have been so busy! Two of my very dearest, old friends flew down to New Orleans to visit me. We have been friends for 12 years, I am so blessed to have them! We had a great time, and packed in the activities. We walked around the French Quarter, toured a plantation, ate some lovely food and did lots of talking.



Here we are having a great breakfast and celebrating S's birthday!



Lake Pontchartrain! Gorgeous.



Here we are by one of the Pontalba buildings, you can see that C is sporting an adorable baby bump!




Mardi Gras masks in the French Market. Look how C and S are smiling mysterious little smiles, but I didn't ge tthe memo.




We had a really nice dinner at one of Emeril's restaurants. "Tiny portions, weird sauces." That's a quote from Gilmore Girls, but it doesn't really apply here. I just wanted to say it. The food was really interesting and the sauces were decadent and delicious. My favorite thing of the night was an "Escargot and Yukon Gold Fondue." It was served with slices of toasted French Bread and you scooped up the escargot and the amazing creamy sauce with them.



After Emeril's we took a little trip to Pat O'Brien's for....



A Hurricane for S.



Fun!


S and I were smooched on the cheek by some passing, middle aged inebriated ladies, who also gave us the beads.  



Then S had her fortune told. She is apparently going to fall in love soon...she's been married for 5 years.



We started off the next day with fantastic crispy, sugary beignets at Cafe du Monde.



Then it was off to the plantations. Here C and S are posing for senior portraits.




We put the camera on some roots and I ran to get in the picture.


Yes, me and C posing in a Civil War tent. I'm trying to look menacing but I just look suspicious.



Gorgeous! The trees are so much more impressive than you can convey on camera.



So fun, it was over too soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! (especially the one of you guys in the tent & us with the masks- what face am I making? haha) I had such a great time seeing the city! Thanks for being our tour guide! :)

    ReplyDelete