1) Trees are blooming and budding and it is January.
2) It's 65-75 degrees outside and it is January.
3) It's 65 degrees outside in January, you and your family are dressed in short sleeves, but the locals are wearing turtleneck sweaters, tights, and wool coats.
4) Because it's a beautiful 70 degreese outside, you decide to grill out. When you stop at a convenience store for charcoal, they tell you they only sell it in the summer.
5) You go to a church potluck and approximately half the dishes contain seafood.
6) The fact that half the dishes at a church potluck contain seafood doesn't surprise you or send you screaming "FOOD POISONING" in the other direction, you proceed to eat it and pronounce it delicious.
7) You can run around the corner for beignets. (Or, as I like to call them, "Beign-YAYS!")
8) A wondrous thing called Praline Bacon exists here and is available to delight your tastebuds. (GO TO Elizabeth's)
9) You see signs for drive-through daiquiris. (You just can't put the straw in the cup until you arrive at your destination.)
10) The only thing that outnumbers the lifesize, blow-up football players in front yards are the number of friendly people you meet everywhere!